while i'm happy that Rahman won the award for JTYJN, i'm sad that the music
of Yuvraj was overlooked. it was not even nominated (sigh!)

i agree the movie was a boxoffice disaster, but that doesn't make the music
any bad. IMHO some of the songs of Yuvraj had that "never before heard"
feel. Again these songs jelled well with the backdrop of the movie and
cannot be fit into any other movie.

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Vithur <vith...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   I expected Best Music Score to go to Ghajini. Anyhow, happy for ARR, as
> even JTYJN is ARR's baby.
>
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Chord <purev...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>   A year ago, if someone asked me who I thought would the best score a
>> year from now, I would have guessed either JA, Yuvvraaj, or Ghajini,
>> simply based on the hype and expectations for what was to come in 2008
>> at that time. I knew Jaane Tu would be releasing too, but didn't
>> expect the score to have such a huge impact as it actually had. To
>> me, it was a real surprise and treat to see Jaane Tu score so high. I
>> knew it would be good coming from Rahman's stable, but not as
>> successful as it has been. Anyway, a very deserving album for best
>> score based on popularity, although my vote for best score goes to
>> either Yuvvraaj or JA (a tie).
>>

> --
> regards,
> Vithur

  • ... Chord
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
    • ... balajirajagopal
    • ... Vithur
      • ... Reformed Sinner