Hello all,

I've been away from this list for *years* now, though I have indeed
been listening to Rahman's music during this time. Slumdog's selection
and the two Oscars were the LONG overdue recognition he deserves - my
wife and I were high-fiving at our homes watching the Oscar show :)

But I'm writing today after all this time to share the ABSOLUTE joy I
felt listening to Rehna Tu in Delhi-6 this morning (I had not been
able to listen to this album till now). When the song segues into the
electronically enhanced Carnatic raaga in the end, I could not control
my tears of joy - I don't think I've felt this way since I heard the
Bombay theme in Roja. Did anyone else feel this way? (or am I the only
bleeding heart around here?) :-) Also, does anyone know what raaga
this is and what instrument has been modified electronically to
produce this most intriguing bit?

He is such a genius, I cannot begin to describe the pride I feel in
being a lifelong fan of his and hailing from the same city as he :)

Rock on!