I have my fingers crossed, hoping for the best. Although, the Slumdog
soundtrack by some is still seen as too cultural or exotic, also by
Billboard norms it is not quite a pop album, and yet by soundtrack
standards it isn't quite the traditional soundtrack one expects. So
it's quite "out there", thanks Rahman, let see how it does.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, $ Pavan Kumar $ <pawancum...@...>
wrote:

> Will the 'Slumdog Millionaire' soundtrack be a winner too?
>

> Now that "Slumdog Millionaire" has run its course â€" or shall we
say "romped"? â€" through the film awards derby, it's heading next
into music races.

> Lots of previous winners of best picture at the Oscars went on to
claim the Grammy Award for best film soundtrack, including "Tom Jones"
(1964), "The  Godfather" (1973), "The Last Emperor" (1989), "Dances
with Wolves" (1992), "Schindler's List" (1995), "The English Patient"
(1998), "American Beauty" (2001) and "Lord of the Rings: The Return of
the King" (2005). Of course, "Slumdog Millionaire" also won best song
("Jai Ho"), and that champ sometimes repeats at the Grammys, like "If
I Didn't Have To" ("Monsters, Inc.," 2003) and "My Heart Will Go On"
("Titanic," 1999). (Note: Years cited indicate dates of Grammy
ceremony.) All in all, the overlap between the Grammy and Academy
Awards is far less frequent than you might expect considering they're
both industry peer-group awards.
> Since the Grammy is largely determined by sales (the award uses a
popular ballot to determine most nominees and winners), the "Slumdog
Millionaire" soundtrack needs to prove itself as a winner on the
charts. When the first post-Oscars chart rankings came out Wednesday,
they included only one day when the Oscars' results were known.
Nonetheless, "Slumdog Millionaire" rocketed up from No. 48 the
previous week to No. 22.
> "It's likely that most of the gain came from digital purchases made
during ABC's broadcast of the Oscars or immediately after the show
concluded," reported Reuters.
> When the newest charts are issued this Wednesday, "Slumdog
Millionaire" is expected to be in the top five. Any rank less will be
considered a huge disappointment after it swept up eight Oscars,
including best picture.

> http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2009/03/slumdog-
million.html

      • ... Aaditya(Addy) *COOL*
        • ... raj_d_kumar
  • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
    • ... Vithur
      • ... Aaditya(Addy) *COOL*
      • ... Gomzy™
    • ... Sam
      • ... Gomzy™
      • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
        • ... $ Pavan Kumar $
          • ... orktane
            • ... Haris Rahman
      • ... V S Rawat