There is nothing wrong in saying that every Tamilian is proud for ARR winning
an OSCAR.

As a Tamilian I am proud of my language and proud of ARR for contributing so
much for Tamil music and world music.

As an Indian I am proud of my country for accepting all languages and all
culture and all religion.

These are not contradictory.

Every one should be proud of his achievement.

Jai Ho, Jay