I think the entire alap is by Rahman for "Mangta hay kya"... Rahman's vocal
signature is all over...

(I am telling because recently in an interview Unni told that he was offered
the song "college ke sathi" by Rahman...but he didn't do it as the song was
not suiting to his voice...I think if this alap is by Unni....he would hv
mentioned that as this song also doen't suit him)

Arijit