Kylie thrilled at Bollywood experience

2 hours ago

MUMBAI (AFP) — Pop star Kylie Minogue on Friday said she was thrilled to
work with India's double Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman, after recording
one of his songs for a star-studded Bollywood movie.

"It was an incredible experience (to work with A.R. Rahman)," the
40-year-old singer told a packed news conference at a Mumbai hotel to
publicise her work in the film "Blue," which is due for release later this
year.

"I met A.R. Rahman at the BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television
Arts) awards (in London last month). I couldn't believe I was doing a song
with him in Bollywood so soon after."

"Blue," an underwater extravaganza that was partly shot in the Caribbean,
also stars action hero Akshay Kumar, Bollywood "bad boy" Sanjay Dutt and
leading lady Katrina Kaif.

The big-budget movie is about a sunken treasure ship and is said to have
been inspired by the Hollywood production "The Deep."

But those involved in the project are keeping the plot close to their
chests, including Minogue, who has sold more than 60 million records
worldwide.

She said only: "I saw the footage of the film. It looks very good."

Indian media reports since her arrival in the country's entertainment
capital late last month have said the former soap opera star plays herself,
acting one scene with Kumar and performs a set-piece song-and-dance routine.

Rahman, once dubbed "The Mozart of Madras," had been due to appear alongside
Minogue but pulled out due to illness, organisers said.

The 43-year-old composer was already Bollywood's leading music director even
before he scooped two Academy Awards for his work on the hit film "Slumdog
Millionaire."

Asked if she would consider future offers from Bollywood, Minogue said: "I
got a lot of love here. Right now this feeling is just sinking in but
certainly in future I will do more if I get the chance.

"I didn't know much of Hindi but it does not matter because everyone was
very cooperative and I had fun and joy. I wanted to be part of Bollywood for
a while and it was great opportunity that came by."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iT6RK9Gl7XsS5_BkgTIB9w7iH38w