*Rashid Ali's lucky break*

Rashid Ali, of 'Aditi' fame, wasn't even supposed to sing the song that's
made him a big star today.

In an interview to a local website, he said that he was only supposed to
play guitar on the song. He said, "I was initially just supposed to play the
guitar portions of the song. Then Rahman asked me to record the vocals and I
just sang it. It all got done in one evening in Chennai couple of years
back. I didn't even hear the end product for a long while."

Ali says that Rahman's decision to get him to sing the song was quite
instant. He says, "I've known A.R. Rahman for the past 7 years now. I've
done a few concerts with him. I was in India when A.R. thought why not get
Rashid to sing this song. Rahman is a guy who makes decisions on impulse and
I must add that he has an amazing gut feel about things.” Rashid Ali can now
be heard on the soundtracks of Blue and Jaane Kahan Se Aayee Hai.

--
http://www.planetradiocity.com/musicreporter/news.php?newscatid=1&newsid=1028
regards,