As we all know that the song Enai Kanavillaye was a masterpiece by ARR. Sung by
SPB and another classical singer named O.S.Arun.

I guess that was the one and only time ARR used Arun's voice for a song. I also
remember that Arun mentioning that the original tune of this song was based on
a pakistani ghazal or something.. I don't exactly recollect the words of Arun.
The article also mentioned that Arun sang this song and ended with the
pakistani song that he was referring too in that function.

Do anyone have any info on this... Was it a inspiration or a....?  please
clarify...

Thanks
Sath Murthy.