There was no such fashion of having any 'official dates' for music releases,
until Ramgopal Varma introduced it with Daud. He aimed at having the music
copies reached at all the places before a particular date, and then
'officially release' it. Only Sony BMG (earlier Sony Music) has been so far
able to follow the dates that they declare. T Series may be the only
surviving giant in the industry in these times of recession, but they have
their own style of working. Their management largely delegates their
distribution to small scale companies; and since a lot of things depend upon
many factors, they really have no official dates. Most of the music
companies in the Hindi film industry are basically family owned companies,
and as Chord says, we can see the Chalta Hai attitude with them. AR has
nothing to do with all this, and many times he won't even be having any idea
about these things.

Thanks,

-