Hi,

I'm on a personal quest to gather ragas for Rahman's film music...
unfortunately I am not so well versed in identifying Ragas. I have been
collecting popular ragas in their carnatic versions.... but I would like to get
film song examples for all these ragas to help the new generation enjoy and
understand the beauty of ragas by being able to relate to them.

So what better way to develop appreciation for carnatic music than by showing
its influences on popular music. That will be very educational and inspiring
for people I think... especially now that Rahman has attracted quite a bit of
interest from the west, and they will be keen to find out more about him, I
would like to make information about ragas available to the west....

This way, the west will also have a better understanding of the musical history
that has given birth to a soul such as Rahman.

I found this website that gave a small sample of ragas that corresponded to
different songs Rahman has done:
http://prabhuthemusiclover.tripod.com/arrahman/id3.html

However, I am hoping someone (or several people), would help me create an
extensive list of raga identification for Rahman's music. I plan to make a very
educational website using this research. Hope to chat to you soon.

Regards,
Vajra