Kochi, Mar 28 (PTI) Oscar winning music composer A R Rahman today refused to
comment on the Congress getting the rights of 'Jai Ho' from Hollywood film
'Slumdog Millionaire' for using in Lok Sabha poll campaigns, but said the song
belonged to everyone.
Asked for his comments on the Congress using the song, Rahman told reporters,
"I do not want to answer. But Jai Ho belongs to everyone." Rahman, who won the
Oscar for the best original song for 'Jai Ho' with Gulzar, said the awards had
brought more respect and recognition to Indian music.

Rahman, who was here to announce the 'Jai Ho A R Rahman Live' in Kozhikode on
May 3, said Oscars give great respect. Now world knows that a composer from
here has won Oscar. The talent has been recognised, he added.

On portraying Indian slums in the film, he felt every country had dark sides.
"We find solutions when we express it. Two of the slum kids have walked the red
carpet. The dark side was not blown out of proportion," he opined.

On whether he had plans to shift to Hollywood post Oscars, Rahman said he would
first concentrate on previous commitments and finish them.

Asked if he would be composing music for next Bond film, he said David Arnold
was the permanent composer of Bond films. PTI

http://www.ptinews.com/pti\ptisite.nsf/0/D929F15A0EA76EFC65257587003A5829?OpenDocument