Hey,
I am a new member to this group so forgive me if i may have snet the messeage
to the wrong plac enad such. I am from the Caribbean, and suprisingly, Rahman
was not a big deal among most Hindi music fans here, until very recently,
following Tere Bina and Barso re form Guru. His only other major hits here
were, Mukala from Humse Hai Muquabla, Chupke Se from Saathiya, Main Vari Vari
from Mangal Panday, Mehendi from Zubeidaa and Lukka Chupi from Rang De Basanti.
All other songs were either unheard or were on playlists but did not become a
rage. But I have been a fan of his music since Bombay, (Bombay being the first
of what we in the Caribbean heard from him).
Looking at this aritcle, it tells me nothing shocking. It was obvious that
Rahaman was the only person deserving of thse awards, with his music single
hadedly saving 2008 form being a drab year.
While all is works were excellent last year, it is dissappointing that Yuvvraaj
and Ada appear to be long forgotten by the masses. It goes to show that the
worth of music continues to rest alot on commerical success and not on the
melody of the creations, which would have mean tthat if it was so, Rahman would
have been even bigger than he is today.
But moving on from that not amore general look at the other music awards, we
have to say that we are very lucky that the talent of Rahman was recognised by
Mani Ratnam so that we will be exposed to it. If Roja did not become a hit, or
Rahman was not used to created the soundtrack, ther is a real possiblity that
we would have never heard the melodies that he has been blessed to create. So
in That regard I am happy to see Dominque being recognised after many years of
hard work. But I am amazed that Amit Trivedi who did the work on Aamir and Dev
D is yet again not recogised for his inovation. While he has a very long way to
to go to become a Rahman, hecertainly has the inovation and the talent in his
music. And it is a shame that this is still not recognised.

  • ... $ Pavan Kumar $
    • ... vedavid_manick
      • ... jibandevta
    • ... Vithur
    • ... Thulasi Ram
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
    • ... Jahanzeb Farooq