From: Jahanzeb Farooq <jahanzebti...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [arr] Re: [Semi ARR] Gulaal
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, April 3, 2009, 1:48 PM

thanks for considering my recommendation.

> Now, coming to the music. This is one genre that is missing in ARR's work so
> far.

i second you here. ARR has given some songs similar or near to this genre but
never gave full-fledged stuff like Gulaal. i really hope him doing that.

i very much agree that Lagaan, MP and LOBS could have these types of songs. and
even Bose too. you are very right that ARR's songs is always rich on
instruments and music. the effect Gulaal's songs have with minimum instruments
and maximum focus on vocals and lyrics is just incredible. after listening to
Gulaal i strongly believe that ARR some time should try this genre. he needs to
do some films on off beat topics like Gulaal or even Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, A
Wednesday etc. only then he will be able to come up with something different
than his other lush works.
and i also think that something like Gulaal cannot be done without Piyush
Mishra or Gulzaar writing the lyrics. Gulzaar's lyrics now sound same as he has
used each word dozens of times. in contrast Piysuh's work looks more original,
and more sad, serious and dark.

-
Jahanzeb