I agree that "Jai ho" is not a great song in Rahman's standard, but I believe
it's certanly a great WESTERN song! Who can put the spanish lyrics, roaring
drums, high pitched Jai ho in a standard song?  It's a tribute song for the
bollywood, you can trace the elements from 60's to todays music in bollywood.
Only minus thing is the mixing & editing is not upto Rahman's standard which
because of he took only 1/5th of his standard time for SDM's music! But yet,
SDM is soundtrack for a hollywood movie...