From: Vithur <vith...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] Winning score
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 9:49 AM

I thought AR had been there to Tokyo for Nairsan. So this is going to be 19th
Step.

Nice. :-)

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Gopal Srinivasan <catchg...@yahoo. com> wrote:

Winning score
http://www.mumbaimi rror.com/ article/30/ 2009041320090413 0257058188ee731f
f/Winning- score.html

AR Rahman ties up with Japanese composer Joe Hisaishi for a film on the origin
of Kalaripayattu

By Kunal M Shah
Posted On Monday, April 13, 2009 at 02:57:06 AM

Rahman at the Kamakura temple in Tokyo

AR Rahman has added another feather to his cap. The composer has now tied up
with Japanese
music composer Joe Hisaishi for the music of their forthcoming Indo-Japanese
venture.

Our source said, “Rahman, Bharat Bala (director) and some people from Disney
(who are
producing the film) met Joe Hisaishi in Tokyo on April 6 to discuss the film.
Apart from Kamal
Haasan and Asin, the film also stars the Japanese actor Tadanobo Asano (Mongol,
Wind Up Type,
Last Life In The Universe) in a film which will trace the origin of the martial
art in India.”

According to our source the film deals with Kalaripayattu, the martial art form
of Kerala.

The source added, “Kamal was very keen to work with a Japanese actor after he
met Jackie Chan
during the music release of Dasavtaram.

This is a $ 50 million project by Bharat Bala who will also be directing the
film. Research
work on the martial art form is currently on. The film will show that martial
arts originated
from India and not from Japan, as the myth around the world is.”

Bharat Bala and Rahman are in Tokyo and remained unavailable for comment.

About Joe Hisaishi

Bharat Bala, Joe Hisaishi and AR Rahman in Tokyo

Mamoru Fujisawa, professionally known as Joe Hisaishi, is a composer and
director known for
over 100 film scores and solo albums dating back to 1981. While possessing a
stylistically
distinct sound, Hisaishi’s music has been known to explore and incorporate
different genres,
including minimalist, experimental electronic, European classical, and Japanese
classical.

--
regards,
Vithur