From: "arr_arv...@yahoo.com" <arr_arv...@yahoo.com>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:31:45 AM
Subject: [arr] Revisiting "Love Birds" (1996)

"Love Birds" starring the dancing sensation Prabhudeva and Naghma quite sadly
didnt make any bucks at the boxoffice. But the music by the master AR Rahman
was spoken worldwide. It marked the beginning of International artists
collaboration with a Tamil film musician. The main highlight and also selling
point of this album was AR Rahman's collaboration with Apache Indian. As every
album of ARR boasts, even Love Birds had a mix of all genre songs....from the
Hiphop "Samba Samba", "No Problem" to the outrageously mellifying "Malargale" ,
from  the more classically haunting "Naale Ulagam" to an extreemly witty
care-free song "Come On Kaamatchi... "

Samba Samba  --> Aslam Mustafa

 I rate this song one of the best hiphops Indian music has ever produced.! I
just wonder how if this song had released in 2009. It would have taken the
music industry by storm!!! Absolutely no doubts about it..!! And who's this
Aslam Mustafe..??? He came out of a blue, did wonders and vanished away all of
a sudden.!!! The tongue twisting fast rap towards the end of the song and also
in the middle is just amazing..!!! Hats off to ARR....but he could have
preserved this song for future...

No Problem   --> A R Rahman, Apache Indian, Chorus

Need i say anything about this gem of a song? Everything in this song is so
perfect. Be it choosing the apt artiste from west to do justice. I am not
sure..but i think we can hear Apache taking ARR's name in his lines.....!! The
chorus part is simply awesome.!!! Rahman's vocals to Vairamuthu's tamil lines
are soo impressive. I really cant write much about this song...coz there are no
words for me to describe it.... Again i believe this song was way too ahead of
time... Many people have ignored its beauty....time for revival of the same
song from the same man..wat say.???

Malargale Malargale --> Hariharan , Chitra

Another milestone in Hariharan and Chitra's career..!!! Chitra, in many
performance stages has confessed herself that she couldnt do complete justice
to the expectations of ARR in this particular track. But, i think, she is
amazing as always in this song as well. Mandolins have been extensively used in
this song by ARR.!! The song simply doesnt fade off in my memory for many many
years to come.! I also rate the video of this song high, since its
picturisation is simply awesome.!!

Come On Come On ---> Mano, Chorus

  One of the wittiest, carefree songs from ARR. The chorus part is the main
backbone of this song. "Ma..Ma...Magic. ..No..No. .Logic..! !!"..and many other
lines like "chakkuukongaaa. ....something" is extreemly hilarious! Lyrics syncs
with the composition beautifully and so is Mano's rendition..! ! Mano is one of
those great singers whom we miss these days in ARR's compositions, sadly.!

Naalai Ulagam ---> Unni Krishnan, Sujatha

Unarguably one of the most underrated songs of ARR! Sadly, this classic
composition has been comfortably forgotten by the public. Also, i doubt whether
this song featured in the  movie at all. What best can be said about Unni
Krishnan in these types of classical mixed romantic songs? He simply
excels...its his forte'. Sujatha also equally excels and mesmerises. I
recommend all Rahmaniacs and non Rahmaniacs to give a hear to this song.!! Its
really classic.!

Just 5 songs...??? Hmmm...Yes :-)