Hi Niyant,

I am Steve, in West Virginia, about 5-6 hours from NY. Wish I could make it to
the get together, but I'm afraid I am bogged down with some heavy work load
that weekend. Hopefully, your initiative will kick start a snowball and maybe I
can meet NY Rahmaniacs in the near future! I just want to let you know I
appreciate your efforts and wish you lots of fun on May 9th :-)

Steve!

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Niyant <niyant_da...@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm planning a get-together on May 9th (next Saturday) of ARR fans in the
> NY/NJ area. I hail from Mumbai and have been in NY/NJ for abt two yrs.
> Swapnil and some other local Mumbai fans used to meet there regularly and we
> had great time at ARR meets. For a few hours we would be talking, listening,
> watching and breathing everything-ARR. I got only fonder of ARR through these
> meets. I've been a fan since Roja days - after being to these meets I
> realized I was only one of the many ARR fan-atics out there.
>
> I thought it would be great to have something similar in the NY/NJ area!!
>
> So, come on over -- if you're a fan from ARR's vintage-music years or have
> just discovered his music through some his recent hits. With last year's
> terrific music like Jodhaa Akbar, Ghaniji, Slumdog, Elizabeth, etc. - we'll
> have lot of material to listen to, discuss, critique, etc. We'll listen to
> some new/old music, discuss his new/old work, etc.
>
> If this excites you -- you're most welcome to huddle at my modest apartment
> next Saturday.
>
> Contact
> email: niyant DOT dalal AT gmail DOT com (preferable)
> phone: 646.259.3319
> (Email me if you're interested and I'll send you the details)
>
> When
> 3PM on Saturday, May 9th
>
> Where
> At my apartment (mail me for the exact address details)
>
> What to get
> Yourself (if you have some ARR concert DVD, rare interviews, etc - it's a
> bonus)
>
> Cheers,
> Niyant
>
> PS: Swapnil ... you can see I'm missing our Mumbai jam sessions :)

  • ... Niyant
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
    • ... steveee76