" A.R. Rahman had started composing for Ad Jingles. Unable to bear his
success, there were some people who had complained about him to the Customs
Authorities and betrayed his trust. There was so much of trouble and
humiliation that he had to undergo because of the same.

When I had started involving myself more spiritually, I started receiving
more offers from the field of music too. In 1987, I got the opportunity to
visit Singapore , Malayasia. There were a lot of  Electronic Instruments
available there . I could realise that the same could be brought back to
India and deployed for some constructive purposes. That was my Investment
and I thought of doing something only with the help of the same. So, we sold
all jewels, money from home and attempted to get those instruments.

There were some people who halted and tried to hinder this idea of mine.
They tried doing many things to stop my work , and to hurt me in many ways.
The people in the Customs would try to embarass me and treated me very
badly.

During those days, I would be shuttling between home and airport. I used to
suffer a lot like this for about two years. Fortunately, my father's good
friends used to assist me in this.

After so much of hardships and obstacles, we brought those musical
instruments to home. God is very great. If He decides to give, who can
Stop"  - says A.R. Rahman

( RANI MAGAZINE )

--
regards,