AR Rahman

AR Rahman has been winning our hearts since the early 90’s when he began his
career in films as a music composer. His music appeals to our conscience in
a way that almost no artist has been able to, with his work of art. A very
humble and rooted man, A R Rahman was born in a musically affluent Tamil
family. Music burned in his very soul right from the very beginning and his
vision to win the world over with this melodious magic has been a success.
Apart from scoring the music for movies like Bombay, Dil Se and Taal, he has
been involved in several projects which bring out the humanitarian side of
him and really help us witness the emotional bond he shares with his
motherland, our country. He made an album Vande Mataram to mark India’s 50th
anniversary of independence and followed it up with “Jana Gana Mana”, a
conglomeration of performances by many leading artists of Indian Classical
music.
In Indian films, everyone remembers him as the man who gave life to movies
like Rang De Basanti, Lagaan, Saathiya and now for Slumdog Millionaire.
British directed Oscar winner Slumdog Millionaire helped Rahman to boost his
career and take it worldwide as he personally won not one, but two Oscars
for his music. Who hasn’t heard “Jai Ho”?
And today, political parties and worldwide artists are craving to be a part
of Rahman’s music. The Pussycat Dolls even converted bits of the song into
English and have taken to the famous Bollywood dancing.
A R Rahman has helped put Indian films on the map once again and has proved
to the world that we have talent and skill in the arts in abundance as well
and has made Indian music reach a summit no artist has been able to earlier.

http://www.thestatesman.net/page.news.php?clid=18&theme=&usrsess=1&id=255300

--
regards,
Vithur