MACAU: Ashutosh Gowariker's epic love story, 'Jodha Akbar' swept the
music and technical awards at the International Indian Film Academy
extravaganza here on Saturday as A R Rahman continued his winning streak.

Double
Oscar winner Rahman won in the Best Music Direction and Best Background
Score category while fellow Academy award winner Resul Pookutty got a
nod in Best Sound Recording category for Ghajini.

The Hrithik
Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer bagged three awards in the
musical category and took home five in the technical section.

Pookutty gave an emotional acceptance speech but Rahman had to miss the
ceremony due to professional commitments.

"It
is very intimidating for a recording artist like me to receive an award
in front of thousands of people. I dedicate this award to S K Sreedhar
who was a mentor to both me and Rahman," Pookutty said.

Singer
Javed Ali's 'Jashan-e-Baharaa' from 'Jodhaa Akbar' won him the trophy
in the Best Playback Singer (Male) category and Javed Akhtar won in the
Best Lyrics category for the same song.

Singer Shreya Ghoshal won the Best Singer (Female) award for her rendition of
'Teri Ore' in 'Singh Is Kinng'.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World/Rest-of-World/Jodha-Akbar-and-A-R-Rahman-register-early-wins-at-IIFA/articleshow/4653083.cms

Rαнмαη ƒє√єr™ ♫♫
His Music ~ My Mother Tongue

      Own a website.Get an unlimited package.Pay next to nothing.*Go to
http://in.business.yahoo.com/