YAHOO FANS ( Correction : FRIENDS ) GROUP of Rahman is a meeting place of
FRIENDS to discuss / debate RAHMAN's music and his life's philosophy in all its
seriousness and with honesty.

Loyal fans are certainly an asset for any artist in giving him much needed
support and feedback on his artistic output. You will find YAHOO group member
in almost all cities and as such the reach is tremendous !

We are NOT FANS of Rahman, we are his disciples as he is our GURUJI ! Let's
unite and make this world a better / harmonious place to live......

Rahman, TUM JIYO HAZARO SAAL.... SAAL ME GAANE HO PACHAAS HAZAR....

Jai Ho !

Dinesh Vaidya
The Wandering Souls "RAHMANIA"
Pune

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gopal Srinivasan <catchg...@...> wrote:

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/3645226305/
>
> Our man, Rahman
> Musician A.R. Rahman has his own Barmy Army — some 15,000 diehard fans
> who follow their idol's every move. Anirban Das Mahapatra meets some
> of them
>
> ALL FOR ONE: Members of the A.R. Rahman fan club are all pepped up
> before a concert in Calicut this year
> Just in case you thought you knew everything about A.R. Rahman and
> were his biggest fan under the sun, here's a reality check. Surely,
> you wouldn't know anything about the ad jingles he once composed for
> brands ranging from Hero Puch to Leo Coffee, would you? Or are you,
> for that matter, aware that he's lending the soundtrack to an IMAX
> production titled Heart of India? And have you the distinction of
> being physically present at all concerts the music director has had on
> Indian soil till date?
>
> Chances are you haven't. That is what makes people like Gopal
> Srinivasan and Vijay Aiyar a special breed — a breed that has been
> steadily growing for the past decade or so to now include some 15,000
> music-crazed men and women who live, breathe and swing to A.R.
> Rahman's magic for every living moment. Welcome to the "real" A.R.
> Rahman fan club.
>
> "It's funny how a simple initiative on our part went such a long way
> in bringing Rahman fans together," says Srinivasan, a Hyderabad-based
> software professional. "All we wanted to do was form a forum where
> people could interact with one another and contribute to an
> information pool about the life and works of our favourite musician.
> But look how far it has come now."
>
> Srinivasan isn't exaggerating. Even as Rahman, who won two Oscars for
> the film Slumdog Millionaire, came to Pune last month to perform at a
> high-octane concert that marked the beginning of his Jai Ho world
> tour, the army of Rahman fans, led by Srinivasan and Aiyar, created a
> unique record of attending each of Rahman's concerts ever performed in
> India. "Some of us have even made it a point to be present at his
> concerts abroad," says Aiyar.
>
> For Srinivasan, who's now at the helm of all activity undertaken by
> Rahman's own "Barmy Army" — a name for English cricket fans who follow
> the team — the journey began over 15 years ago. As an impressionable
> youth in his late teens, he was completely bowled over by music from
> Roja, the 1992 film that made Rahman a household name across India.
> "The music was so different, so new. It hooked me so badly that I went
> mad hunting down every single bit of music that had ever come out of
> Rahman's studio."
>
> Once the Internet arrived in the late 1990s, he logged in only to
> receive a pleasant surprise. "The net was full of Rahman trivia, much
> more than I knew. Clearly, it looked like a nice platform for
> exchanging ideas, and I decided to take my hunt online."
>
> Very soon, he had struck an online friendship with Aiyar, a music
> [...]

  • ... Gopal Srinivasan
    • ... Vithur
    • ... Pradeepan R
    • ... Dinesh Vaidya
    • ... uday kiran
    • ... Srini Santhanam
    • ... Krishna Kanth Kristam
    • ... arr_raghu
    • ... Jahanzeb Farooq
      • ... kishore parayath
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
    • ... Chord