Rock of Ages

**

This group of seven doesn’t believe everything’s wrong with the world, and
they want to spread the message the only way they can, with a sprinkling of
pop, rock and reggae. They are part of Delhi’s newest music band, Acts of
the Apostles, which formally takes birth today with its first live gig.

 “Our topics and themes are drawn from everyday lives. Our songs are about
how parents can often be difficult and how sometimes a tough relationship
can turn into deep love. Of course, all topics will have a spiritual
dimension,” says Deekshit Sebastian, coordinator with the music collective
Jesus Youth Music Ministry, of which Acts of the Apostles is an offshoot.

 Band members Georlin Babu, a 26-year-old software engineer and guitarist,
Edgar Faria, 20, who plays the bass guitar, keyboardist Ronald Joseph, 30,
guitarist-keyboardist Sunny Dominic, 24, vocalists Timson Thomas, 21, Siny
Maria Skaria, 20, and Ashish Rozario, who also plays the keyboard besides
composing and mixing, have been practising for the past three months. They
derive their influences from genres as far apart as Michael W Smith, Grammy
Award-winning band Casting Crowns and AR Rahman. “We’re trying to experiment
with styles like Rahman does. It would be complexity of a kind fusion music
rarely experiments with,” says Rozario, adding that their first album will
be launched in December. Despite being a catholic group, Acts of the
Apostles sings for the secular audience. On Sunday, the band’s repertoire
will include songs of praise and worship, wrapping in the lyrics, messages
to the young audience.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/rock-of-ages/479224/

--
regards,