ARR and MJ had performed in Munich almost a decade ago.

Post Jai Ho, they intended to collaborate!

What a legacy would it have been, should they've had a chance to materialise
the thought! An honour for India for seeing two legends coming together again
and in a big way!

Divya

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Thulasi Ram <karoke...@...> wrote:

> thank u. sharing the content actually helps.
> i wish ARR goes ahead with the unity anthem.
>
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Kalimuthu <kalimu...@...> wrote:
>

> > Touching! RIP, MJ!

> > version for some reason <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> >
> > A.R. Rahman issues statement on Michael Jackson's death.
> > 25th June, 2009
> >

> > I am shocked at the untimely passing away of Michael Jackson, one of the
> > greatest musicians of our time.
> > MJ, for most of our generation was an icon who made uncompromising music.
> > He pushed the milestone of Pop music to unbelievable levels through the 80s
> > and 90s. I am yet to find an artist with that energy, perfection and vision.
> > I met him personally after the Oscars in Los Angeles and we vibed very
> > well. He said that he loved India and the Indian people. He said he heard
> > good things about me and he was praising the chord progression of Jai Ho's
> > chorus. He was bursting with energy and told me that every  dance move he
> > did,came from his soul and did a five second stunning example. It was like a
> > lightning strike :)
> >  He was concerned about developmental issues such as Global Warming and
> > about wars and its damages to the human community. He asked me to compose a
> > unity anthem on the likes of "We are the World " for him. I nodded in awe
> > ...!
> > He introduced me to his three lovely bright kids.  The kids told him "I
> > love you dad" and he replied  "I love you more" as a proud father.
> > I wished him well for his concerts and he said "God Bless you".
> > After hearing the shocking news I wished it was another rumor which would
> > fade away soon. It took me time to believe that he is no more.
> > I remember,  my late sound engineer Sridhar had brought me a video of the
> > premiere of "Remember the Time" when I was recording "Kadal Rojave" for my
> > first movie Roja. Seeing it inspired all of us that afternoon.
> >  Now, there is no Sridhar and no Jackson anymore. I hope all of us value
> > people's existence  more and respect them when they are alive.
> > LIFE IS SHORT...! Artists and their art live for ever. Jai Ho, MJ !
> > We  love you for your music, regardless of all the controversies!
> >
> > A.R. Rahman
> > 25 June, 2009.
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Gopal Srinivasan <catchg...@...>wrote:
> >

> >> A.R. Rahman issues statement on Michael Jackson's death -
> >>
> >> on http://www.arrahman.com

  • ... Gopal Srinivasan
    • ... Rajith Ramnivas
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
    • ... Kalimuthu
      • ... Thulasi Ram
        • ... divyaishu
    • ... pratap