Degree of Success  *Font Size *
-A<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/degree-of-success/488649/#>
+A <http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/degree-of-success/488649/#>
Dipti Nagpaul D’SouzaPosted: Jul 13, 2009 at 0448 hrs IST
Print <http://www.expressindia.com/story_print.php?storyId=488649>
Email<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/degree-of-success/488649/#>
Editor <http://www.expressindia.com/feedback.php> Post
Comments<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/degree-of-success/488649/#post>

 Most Read
Articles<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/degree-of-success/488649/#>
Related
Articles<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/degree-of-success/488649/#>
Tragedy not result of Metro’s work
pressure:...<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Tragedy-not-result-of-Metros-work-pressure-CM/488659/>'Nervous'
China may attack India by 2012:
De...<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Nervous-China-may-attack-India-by-2012-Defence-expert/488349/>Force
One likely to take guard by
August<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Force-One-likely-to-take-guard-by-August/488274/>Tragedy
not result of Metro’s work
pressure:...<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Tragedy-not-result-of-Metros-work-pressure-CM/488659/>'Nervous'
China may attack India by 2012:
De...<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Nervous-China-may-attack-India-by-2012-Defence-expert/488349/>Consumers
overcharged for eatables at bus
st...<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Consumers-overcharged-for-eatables-at-bus-stand/488588/>Govt
seems to be against Metro Man's
resigna...<http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Govt-seems-to-be-against-Metro-Mans-resignation/488336/>

 **It's raining accolades for AR Rahman. London’s Middlesex University
conferred on him an honorary doctorate in music on Tuesday. This comes after
his Academy Award and another doctorate from Aligarh Muslim University last
month. There is one more to go — a doctorate from Madras University.

Though exhilarated at having received the honour, the reticent musician has
chosen not to use the title. “This is a very special moment indeed and the
beginning of a lasting relationship,” he said, referring to the affiliation
that his

one-year-old KM Music Conservatory in Chennai has with the university.

“We were in talks with the institution for joint programmes between them and
Rahman’s music school. On the occasion of the convocation, we also signed an
MoU which allows us to offer degree programmes in music from Middlesex
University,” revealed T Selvakumar, director, KM Music Conservatory, who
accompanied Rahman to the convocation. “This would mean that our students
enrolled for this programme will spend their third year at Middlesex
University.” He added that talks were also on for programmes that would
allow students to spend all three years at Middlesex and would encourage
foreign students to learn Indian classical music at the Conservatory.
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/degree-of-success/488649/

--
regards,
Vithur