Only 2 songs by ARR: Vinnaithandi Varuvaya
IndiaGlitz [Friday, July 17, 2009]

Hoping to create an unseen charm Silambarasan and Trisha are gearing up to pair
up again with, `Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' after `Alai'. Directed by Gautham Menon
the music scores of the movie is handled by the man who has been playing the
tunes with great passion, over the years. As the title hints of the memorable
romantic song, `Vinnaithandi Varuvaya' will have the same music director of the
`Minsara Kanavu'.

There is an interesting yet heartbreaking change in the already know fact that
the Oscar winner A.R. Rahman will be composing for `Vinnaithandi Varuvaya'.
The musical maestro was supposed to compose five tracks altogether but, as his
dairy is over flowing post Oscar; he has opted to stop with just two songs.  It
is worthy to note that both the songs are said to be romantic and the shooting
for those two songs are done.

Now this would be a blow for the audio companies who have tied their confidence
to the movie's songs, assuming the songs would be composed by the great
musician. Now that the film makers are looking out for other composers for the
remaining three songs, audio companies are hoping on for a steady taker.

Every cloud has silver lining. So, Hope for the best people!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/48374.html

WHATS GOING ON??? Other sites r posting different news... here is from Sify...

No problem with A.R.Rahman: Gautham
By Moviebuzz  | Friday, 17 July , 2009, 09:11
Gautham Menon is trying to investigate who is behind rumours about his fall out
with A.R Rahman? We caught up with the ace director for this conversation

How is Vinnaithandi Varuvaayaprogressing?
The film is moving at brisk pace. We are going to New York for a schedule where
some crucial scenes of the film including climax will be shot. We also plan to
shoot a song there.

The rumour mill says that you had a fall-out with AR Rahman, the music director
of the film. Please comment?
Some vested interest has been spreading all kinds of lies that I have fallen
out with Rahman over payment issues. On the contrary we are on the best of
terms, as he has given outstanding music for VV. I will hand over the film to
him in August and he will start re-recording and background score. We plan to
release the film for Diwali. ARR has composed three extraordinary songs which
have already been shot. They are of international quality and he will be
recording the next two songs soon.

When did you last meet Rahman?
Recently, I met Rahman at his home in his Los Angeles and the first thing he
asked me was about this baseless rumour doing the rounds. He asked me why
people are writing such crap without checking facts with us. Let me tell you
that Rahman signed Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya much before he won the Oscars, after
hearing the script. He was impressed by the simple, feel-good love story. And
after winning the Oscars and going truly International, he did not increase his
fee as he knows the Tamil film market and the logistics more than anyone.

Can you elaborate on the songs?
Hosanaa, sung by Vijay Prakash ( Jai Ho.. fame) with Thamarai's lyrics and a
rap by Blaze will be a sure hit among the young crowd for its peppy beats and
stunning visuals shot by Manoj Paramahamsa at Malta with stylized choreography
by Flexy Stu. The second song Omana PenneĀ… written by Thamarai and sung by A R
Rahman himself, holds a style of its own.

What is the budget of Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya?
We have shot the film on a large scale and the budget will be around 14 Crore.
It is a big budget film shot in some exotic locales of New York, Malta and
Kerala. It is a stylishly shot love story.

Both Simbu and Trisha have a new look in the film?
Simbu has 2 or 3 looks in the film. Trisha looks fresh and wears mostly cotton
saris in the film. After Minnale, it will be my next out and out love story
with outstanding music, a feel good romantic entertainer .
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14900135