Last Saturday, on 18'th July, RAHMANIA concert team of The Wandering Souls
celebrated their 6'th year in the AR RAHMAN University of continuous Education
by giving a CRISP and PROFESSIONAL performance of their hit show RAHMANIA in
Chinchwad city ( close to Pune ).

This time, the group had practiced quite a few new songs and used new
technology. For the first time we used 48 track DIGITAL mixer console with
linear-array speaker system, the next best available is the one they use for
the mega concerts like Jai Ho concert.

The group is led by Anmol Bhave, a renowned National Award winner Sound
Engineer and we also have two more sound Engineers in our team, Nikhil Mulay
and Pinak Agate, both will complete their Sound Engineering Degree from FTII
soon. Moreover the flautist Satyajit Kelkar is an accomplished Sound Designer
and owns his own Sound studio in Pune, so the emphasis on "correct RAHMAN
sound" is the backbone of all RAHMANIA shows.

The show started with "Jaage Hai - from Guru", the full version, one of the
songs we attempted for the first time. The other new songs we performed were...
"Nahin Saamne tu - Taal",
"Genda Phool - Delhi 6",
" Yeh Dilli hai meri jaan - Delhi 6",
"Lukka Chuppi - RDB ( complete with Rahman-Lata Aalap ),
"Ringa Ringa - SDM",
and a small medley of "Tu Mera Dost hai - Yuvvraj" + "Guzarish - Ghajini" and
one from JTYJN.

The group had taken lot of care and efforts in replicating the special "ARR
SOUND". We played SITAR live on stage with Nahin Saamne tu.... Apart from
these, we had our usual hit numbers such as Chupke se & Hasti Rahe tu from
Saathiya, Yunhi Chala chal from Swades, Khwaja Mere Khwaja from JA, Patriotic
Medley, Bombay theme and Tuhi Re from Bombay, Dilse Re and Ay Ajnabi from Dil
se, Chandralekha from Thiruda Thiruda and Maiyaa Maiyaa from Guru.

The show-stealers were certainly Lukka Chuppi / Genda Phool and Yeh Dilli hai
meri jaan.......... virtually all songs were received with a request for
"once-more" and the group obliged by accepting a few of them.

As we are going closer and closer to the "Rahman sound", we find that the
target resets and we find that we have to do a lot more to reach the new
position....... ARR's songs are so much multi-layered that the more deep you go
in it, the more new layers you find and what I appreciate about this group is
that they are extremely passionate about ARRahman's music and are extremely
loyal to their GURU in preserving the quality and freshness of the sound in
each of their performance.

All TWS artists, singers, musicians deserve full marks for attempting the most
difficult and challenging songs of ARR, and the group also delivered the
performance in style. I would mention here Parashar Joshi, who came in as a
last minute replacement due to accident to another singer and what a
performance Parashar gave ! Superb !

TWS has been invited by quite a few media / event management companies and
sponsors, almost 2 concerts per month and that's  certainly a huge
encouragement for the group.

Almost all TWS members are on Rahman Fans Yahoo group, so we can certainly say
that this is an exclusive band of the Yahoo group ?

The Wandering Souls owes their 6 glorious and melodious years of existance to
AR Rahman and his loyal fans.........THANK YOU !

With best regards
Dinesh Vaidya
The Wandering Souls "RAHMANIA"
Pune