The Hindi audiences are not as harsh as the Tamil audiences to the foreign
singers. U must see the series of some guys blogging on Singers like Udit
Narayan, Madhushree, Sadhana Sargam, Roop Kumar Rathod etc etc.

But i do know Chitra has a very thick South Indian accent to her Hindi songs.
Esp taht number from Armaan of SEL.

But at the end of the day, we should look to their talent that how they handle
the songs despite not understand the song fully and still make it a hit. :)