Celebrities throng reality TV shows. Be it small ones like the TV
stars, or the biggies like SRK and Salman Khan, no one could escape the
craze that these thrilling (read controversial) shows generate. The
latest and the most unexpected in the line is none other than the
Indian music maestro and Oscar award winner AR Rahman.

Rahman is
all set to host a music talent hunt show on Doordarshan, which will be
produced by Phat Phish and is being touted as their most ambitious and
expensive project ever. Though the formal announcement of the show will
be made by the maestro himself, sources say that it’s Rahman who’s the
face of the show.

Called The Big Band, the show will reach out
to bands not only from across the nation, but six other countries in
South Asia, namely Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Singapore, and Sri
Lanka. It will choose around 40 bands who would compete for the final
crown, says a source. Though entries will be invited from all the
cities in India and abroad, the on-ground auditions will take place in
five major cities — Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Bhopal — in
September this year. The show is expected to go on air in December.

Having judged another reality show, Mission Ustaad on 9X, Rahman would
know his criteria well. But with a hoard of other music-based reality
shows on other Hindi general entertainment channels, what extra will
this show have to offer? “We have seen so many shows on other channels.
Phat Phish is very creative, so when they came up with the idea of
travelling to every part of the country and finding the bands, it was
very exciting for me to join the gang. It’s more exciting because it’s
not about winning totally, it’s about finding and discovering talent
not only from India but several other South Asian countries also,”
Rahman told a news agency some time back.

The producers who are
excited about their latest venture, praise every aspect of the show.
“After the success of Rabbi and other albums, there is a huge audience
for this kind of music. We realised that to get whole of the country to
get an explosion of what the whole potential and possibility of this
music could be, we decided to launch this massive hunt. It’s quite
unique and it has never been done before,” claimed KR Harish, MD, Phat
Phish, during a Press interaction.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/195113/Now-Rahman-to-host-music-talent-hunt-show-on-DD.html

Rahman fever
His Music ~ My Mother Tongue

      Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer
8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/