Hi,

While many of you were doubting the veracity of the cinesouth article, I had no
doubts IR had made those statements. Having been a hardcore Raja fan before
1992, and having followed all his interviews, I am certain he would make such
jealous statements. This is not something new for him. IR has so often in the
past made absolutely ridiculous speeches, obnoxiously irritating interviews
hurting so many people in the process. In particular, I can never forget one
particular interview of Raja, hosted by veteran TV reporter H.Ramakrishnan, in
late 90s in Doordarshan, in which Raja was at his irritating best, literally
tormenting the interviewer. There was such arrogance, I've never seen in any
celebrity. That was when Iost my respect for Raja, totally! How shocked I was
back then, seeing my icon (till then) behave in such an immature manner!

A few years back, Kumudam too had a feature which compiled some of his
speeches, showing how irritating his speeches become. Why do you think so many
top directors and lyricists broke up with him?

But, even I was waiting for more proof about the latest controversy, to write
to the group. Here it is - an article in Kumudam showing exactly what he said.
http://tinypic.com/r/65ubyf/3
He did make those statements, and I'm not surprised he did.

At first,  I didn't want to write on this thread, as Rahman himself said in his
oscar feliciation speech about fans fighting. Didn't he say that why should the
fans fight, when he is  so friendly with other everyone else? But, IR himself
is never party to such sentiments. IR is such a jealous individual, that he
said he has never heard of a song titled Chinna Chinna Aasai at a time when
Rahman was the toast of the nation!

You should listen to the the song titled "Ulagam Ippo" written, composed and
sung by IR from the new album Azhagar Malai. IR's jealousy comes out clearly in
that. The song lyrics talks about how people leave the country for money and
that those people, though they may be rich, are mean and poor in his view
point! The lyrics further goes that world may change, people may go wherever,
but I'll stay here and serve the country.

Rahman's world fame has woken up the beast of "jealousy against rahman" which
was sleeping within him, for sometime now!

I'm not attacking him but merely retorting back, and clearing the misconception
that Raja is a saint!

IR may be a genius, he may be a great composer, but when it comes to modesty,
level-headedness and humility, he is nowhere near Rahman sir! This is cheapness
to the core!

I'm sure many are going to bounce on me, but I don't care. I'm writing this
from the bottom of my heart and I'm sure I'm not making a mistake!

Aravind

Rahmania show interviews: http://rahmania.4shared.com