From: Thulasi Ram <karoke...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] Ilayaraja takes a 'dig' at A R Rahman
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 16 August, 2009, 1:58 AM

                  Aravind,

m with u on this. some people will never understand and will come up with big
explanations for defending some other artists and never voice their opinion to
back ARR.

btw, the video is like a 80's cut with a song & music having a 70's touch to
it. OMG! m wondering the purpose of this song.. just to express the ego
feelings?! :)

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Aravind AM <aravind...@yahoo. com> wrote:

Dear Ramesh,

Being diplomatic, and avoiding arguments is one thing! Not accepting the truth
when it is staring right on your face is another.

One may argue that the lyrics are suited for the characters of the movie...
But, if you've followed Tamil industry closely, you will know that attacking
people through song lyrics, is something IR has done in the past too. That's
his style. This is NOT the first time!

BTW, the song is not picturised on any characters of the movie, it is
picturised on IR himself! It's shot like a music video, having nothing
to do with the movie itself! Here's the link for the vid http://www.youtube..
com/watch?v=vIztOkvuHTY

About IR criticising "Ella Pugazhum" - I dont need the media to tell me what it
is! It is crystal clear what IR is saying!

Such statements exist in Hinduism, in vedas and puranas too, where everything is
attributed to God...It is a to say "I don't take credits for all my
achievements, it's all given to me by God"...  It is not a matter of
philosophy, or beliefs.... Someone who claims to be so spiritual, whom everyone
calls a "saint" should very well know this and understand, whether he believes
in it or not! Even if he doesn't believe in it, do you think he should have
spoken on stage the way he did?

Do you think it is a mature comment, coming from a veteran of the stature of
IR? It is totally unwarranted and uncalled for! This is the point I'm trying to
impress upon.

Aravind

Rahmania show interviews: http://rahmania. 4shared.com