The above link writes:

--
Yaar Mila Tha has got to be my favorite track from Blue. It’s one of the
strongest compositions—no wonder Rahman chooses two very gifted

He describes it pretty well, exactly how I was feeling about this song.

Actually, I think, this type of songs has more probability of getting
rendered on various platforms, parties, groupings and in seclusion.
Primarily because this is lyrics based and pronunciation is simple and
clear, so anyone would humm it or sing it. That is unlike other songs
like Blue theme, even rahnuma which are having so much music and effects
that singing its vocal part will not recreate the beauty of it, so those
songs can just be heard and enjoyed, whereas this type of songs could be
incorporated into daily life in more ways than in listening.

A song becomes more of "your own" when you sing it, rather than when you
just listen it.

So, I hope that our man gives at least one song of this type in each of
his albums.

--
Rawat