Now, this is not a post meant to imply that ARR recycled parts of Slumdog in
Blue.  Not at all.  There is no hint of any melody in Slumdog being used in
Blue.  However, I do sense some basic musical templates that were used in
Slumdog perhaps similarly being applied in Blue too.....just my own thoughts....

Overall, the two soundtracks share a very high level of energy and songs with
high octane propulsion....very groove oriented with fast, steady beats and high
musical complexity in some tracks (Mausam and Escape, Millionaire, Riots, Aaj
Dil, Blue Theme etc.).  Both albums are pretty loud in tone.  There are also
lots and lots of layerings, soundscapes, and sound effects used in both albums.
 Both albums are very highly techno and electronic based, but also some
impressive acoustic playing (sitar in Mausam and Escape, piano in Aaj Dil).

1) The beginning of Aaj Dil with the female chants of "O Yasa" and then
Sukhwinder's distorted voice somewhat reminds me of parts of "O Saya" and
Liquid Dance (interesting how the name "liquid dance" has references to
water....)

2) The female parts of Blue Theme, esp. the more haunting classical portions
near the end somewhat remind me of the female vocals used in Ringa Ringa a bit.
 Again, nothing recycled here, just stylistic similarities.

3) The musically simple song "Yaal Mila Tha" from blue again stylistically
reminds me of the hip hop minimalistic and primal folksy tune of Gangsta Blues
in Slumdog.  Again, nothing similar in terms of melody, but the treatment is
from a similar musical template, esp. the use of the Kudikudikudi and atha
atheena vocalizations in Yaar Mila.  The staccato (short and abrupt)
instrumentation in both songs are kind of similar.

Just some basic thoughts of mine.  One suggestion, if anyone wants to have the
ride of their life in terms of musical thrill, adrenaline rush, just wants to
get energized, put songs from both albums together on one CD.....they really do
fit well with each other and give you a big RUSH of energy!!!!!