One is entitled to have his/her own opinions of a particular album. The author
may think that HDDCS is the best album or a masterpiece, nevertheless to say
that most music connoisseurs  will agree that Ismail Darbar's debut soundtrack
has never been toppled since its release, is certainly totally debatable. How
many times have we really heard about HDDCS being quoted as the best album in
India? It's a wonderful album, no doubt and did win the National award for best
music director but ARR's Taal, which incidently was released on the same year
went on to win the most accolades and swept  up all the popular awards that
year.

In fact, PB's article seem to be contradicting with their earlier
articles...check the one below on 100 Greatest Bollywood Soundtracks Ever

http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayArticle.php?id=031407044048

HDDCS is at no 35 and Lagaan at 34.

Quotes from PB on HDDCS and Lagaan

"...Along with Taal, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam was a perfect album to end of the
century."

"Lagaan is the best musical album so far for this decade.  AR Rehman came up
with an album that is a winner by all standards."

"Lagaan music is truly a masterpiece.  No doubt, AR Rehman truly deserves the
music awards he got for Lagaan."

Maybe the next time around, PB should form a more diligent research on music
albums before coming out with such statements.