On 10/1/2009 2:20 AM India Time, _V S Rawat_ wrote:

> On 9/30/2009 9:27 AM India Time, _rohith ravi_ wrote:
>
>> wht i meant..they shudve made it with international standards than
>>  lettin sonu  be a part..well its akshay kumar actin..wht else to
>> expect.. wht you told is right..song grows on you..but it cudve
>> been a global hit if it was a solo kylie number... anyway lets stop
>> this discussion here... rahman values the money put by producer and
>> did wht they asked for..
>

> "rahman values the money put by producer and did wht they asked
> for.."
>
> Righto. I think that is exactly what went wrong with this song.
> Everybody, including boss, got so much overburdened by the "costliest
> song in 78 years of bollywood" that nobody wanted the blame of this
> song flopping coming on his shoulder. That's why everybody, including
> boss, decided to play safe, not to take risk, not to innovate, not to
> experiment, tread on the time-tested often-hit formula (read
> "stale"), and they all together came up with a less than mediocre
> stuff in audio as well as video. Pritam, Himesh, anu, Nadeem Sharavam
> must be laughing their hearts out hearing this song.
>
> The solution is: Boss should assert himself. He should not let these
> money-monger producers financiers dictate terms to him. These guys
> don't give a damn to quality, creativity, imagination, whatever. The
> only thing they want is money to shower whatever junk appears on
> screen and whatever junk reaches the ears. Our man can't give his
> best in such restrictive conditions. He should show such guys door
> and work only with those directors who give him full freedom to work.
> He should listen to his heart only.
>
> --
> Rawat

And before some members start another orchestrated chorus of "We like
Chiggy-Wiggy", I want to clarify that I am not hating this song or anything
like that. I find it catchy. I listen to it often.

Still, this song, as well as Pappu can't dance, had never given me goose
pimples even a single time in these numerous hearing the way so many songs of
boss, so many dozens/ hundreds of our boss' songs have been giving me goose
pimples for weeks and months.

That is what I miss in it, Kylie or no Kylie, million dollar or no million
dollar.

So, please clarify are you getting goose pimples on hearing chiggy wiggy, or do
you only like it?

--
Rawat