Appreciate your critique.  I don't share your views, but you bring up some
interesting points.  Let's see how the Western elite comment on this score.  Is
there a right way or wrong way to develop a theme or is it just stylistic
differences and personal opinions?  I personally enjoyed all the embellishments
and variations from an aesthetic and compositional standpoint, but I think
you're coming more from a thematic architectural perspective.

If you enjoy more of the minimalistic scores, I can see why you would have a
problem with this type of score and call it "sappy and overdone", but again,
for me personally, I enjoy musical embellishments and very emotional music a
lot!  Will be interesting to see how all this plays out on screen.