Jai  Ho Live concert – Joy of giving

http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/rahman-03/

The Jai Ho concert will be held at MARG  Sawrnabhoomi on the East Coast Road
(ECR),  after Mahabalipuram, in Chennai on October  11th.

The proceeds from the programme will  be utilized to provide education for
deprived  children. This is an initiative taken  by A R Rahman Foundation and
the Shakti  Foundation for the welfare of the underprivileged.

The MARG Swarnabhoomi is gearing up to  launch the mega event on October 11,
2009  at 6 p.m. A 10000 sq ft stage will be  constructed with light and sound
facility  and LED walls and an array of pyrotechnics  is all set to make it a
one of its kind  event.

Plenty of parking space also will be  made available for the event. There will
be parking space for 800 buses, 5000 cars  and10000 two wheelers.

Around 80 performers and top guns in  the music field like Hariharan, Sivamani,
 Sadhana Sargam, Blaaze, Benny Dayal, amongst  other celebrated artistes will
perform  on stage.

At the press meet today, October 1, 2009,  Mr. GRK Reddy, Chairman & Managing
Director, MARG Group said, “We are  very happy to be associated with the music
genius A R Rahman and the Shakti Foundation  for such a great cause. A R Rahman
has  made Chennai and every Indian proud not  just by winning the Oscar, but
also for  his outstanding contributions to the music  world. Through this
concert, it‘s  our great pleasure to bring his music  to the music lovers of
Chennai, and in  our own humble way, this would be Chennai’s  way of
felicitating the great maestro.”

Rahman fever
His Music ~ My Mother Tongue

      Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.
http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/photos