Ok first the good...I'm really really glad that the movie brought in lot of
laughs, unlike several bad reviews by critics. People luved it, atleast in the
theater i was watching. Box office results also show a positive sign. It'll
prove to be an easy hit, which was what I wanted from this movie. The
background music was adequate, but it didn't make much expected impact as in
SdM. Folks luved Nana song. Animal spirits was a perfect ending piece. El
Salvadore opened many eyebrows, but I guess it was largely due to the 6 packed
yoga master. Tour De villas also gave a grand backing music for the Eden
resort, something like Jurassic Park theme. The Undress music piece was
interestingly funny. I'm sure any other music director would have just come up
with some funny sounds to fill in the scene while our Boss managed to give an
Indian touch which doesnt sound funny when you listen at first, but onscreen
its hilarious. Great work !!

Now for the bad..Kuru Kuru song comes twice, first for a funny scene which
unfortunately lasted for very less time and second for a biking scene. I
couldn't hear Rahman's voice at all in the song. It should have been put at
several places I thought. Sajna song comes in end credits, for which I stayed
and enjoyed, but more than half the theater missed it. Some scenes didn't have
music at all and I felt may be ARR could have put something there, jus my
thoughts.

the end result - ARR will most certainly have his first hit in his first
Hollywood production, but would not get an Oscar, and I wasn't expecting that
anyways. I mean come on guyz its a comedy movie, and its not supposed to be
taken seriously. I think Rahman just wanted to go full on fun mode and hav a
blast with this movie. Contrary to many I thought the choice of a Vince Vaughn
movie was a smart idea as there's a large section of people in US who like his
movies and so many will atleast get to know ARR this way. Agreed that
internationally this movie wouldn't be recognized so much as SdM, but
nevertheless its a good first feather in his Hollywood Cap.

Sirish