From: pratap <pratap_elen...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] You know you are a true Rahman fan when...
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 15 October, 2009, 10:52 PM

Highlighted my personal favorites! Super duper true stuff. It's like someone is
telling me about myself! haha

You have a peculiar taste in music, which does not necessarily have to match
the taste of the "masses".

You have a good sense of melody and rhythm and can tell good music from
average. You appreciate good music, regardless of who it comes from.

You can go on for hours talking about Rahman when someone makes a mistake of
asking you about your favorite music.

You are never content and are always hungry and thirsty for more from Rahman.

You have had many euphoric moments in your life.. connected with Rahman's music.

You agree that an average Rahman song is better than the best most of the other
can churn out.

Regardless of how the World finds Rahman music, you think Rahman makes music
just for your ears. You genuinely believe that Rahman somehow knows what kind
of music you unconsciously crave and then magically delivers that to you.

Your most prized collection in your entire music collection is your Rahman
collection, whether it's in form of cassettes, CD's or hard-disk space on
computer or ipods.

You sometimes feel this bliss, a kind of feeling that you are in heaven, when
listening to Rahman's music.

If the World was to go back to using the barter system again, you wouldn't mind
trading a 1000 non-Rahman songs for a single Rahman song.

You share this special bond with Rahman which is impossible to describe in
words, let alone explain it to others.

Your friends/family fail to understand why you listen to music in a language
that makes no sense to you, whatsoever. But, a few weeks later, you totally
understand why your friends/family are humming/singing the very song they don't
understand and were puzzled about you listening to it.

You are part of the Rahman Yahoo! Group or Orkut A R Rahman fans Community and
visit it at least once a day.

You take pleasure in new group (community) members arguing with likes of Gops
and Vijay, when they come out with some Rahman info/news.

You are tired of new member joining the group and inquiring about and referring
to the fake "Ekyam Satyam". You too hope to listen to the real one someday, if
it exists somewhere.

You can talk to any other Rahman fan and connect with them instantly.

You have a deep desire to meet Rahman in person, and know deep in your heart
that one day your dream will come true.

You have thought of it many a times and tried to come up with a plan of what
you would do? How would you react? when you actually meet Rahman.

You can find the challenging task of solving a complex problem rather easy
compared to the daunting and difficult task of coming up with your absolute
top-10 Rahman favorites.

Any criticism of Rahman is hard for you to digest, because most of the time it
comes from people that haven't heard enough of Rahman and yet have no problem
talking about him.

Your blood pressure tends to rise when an average listener sings praises for
other MDs(especially Anu Malik, Harris J, and the more recent and annoying
Himesh).

When it comes to R.D. Burman or may be Illayaraja, you tend to put an end to
the conversation by saying... "No doubt, Illayaraja is the greatest, but I
think Rahman is even better"... because it's true. (Self-fulfilling prophecy?)

You are a select few in the country that are familiar with obscure terms such
as "BGM" or "Interlude" etc. And furthermore, you are a rare breed of fans that
actually collects and listens to these "BGM" and "Musical bits" used in
commercials.

You can listen to an hour of non-stop Rahman interludes and guess over 80% of
them right.

You eagerly wait for each and every Rahman release, you set very high
expectations for each album, a day after the release you will bash the album as
below-average, a few months later you will hail the same album as a masterpiece
and one of your personal favorites.

You suffer from this rare condition where... you wake up from your sleep,
humming or singing a Rahman tune, involuntarily. You realize the condition is
severe when you randomly shout out a Rahman tune you haven't heard in a long
time.

You may forget to take your dose of medication but you can not forget to get
your daily dose of Rahman.

You set high expectations of Rahman, and are honored and touched that he cares
about you and works hard to satisfy you.

You know and realize that Rahman is potentially the most creative composer to
ever live in India, and may be even the World.

You love and respect Rahman, the human being and not just Rahman, the composer.
(EXTREMELY TRUE!!!)

http://indian- music-bgm. blogspot. com/

http://www.facebook .com/elensar5233