I really thankfull for this info :)

Music is my 2nd mom
Luv u ARR

Op 29 nov 2009 om 13:03 heeft Rakesh R <rakesha...@gmail.com> het volgende
geschreven:\

On the 28th of November, 11 of us(fans of AR) took time out of our routine to
Donate lunch to kids at an Orphanage in Chennai and spent some time there. This
was initiated in fond memory of the Great sound engineer Mr. H. Sridhar, who
passed away an year back.

The orphanage was a small one and managed by a trust by name, "Kaakum
Karangal". There were a total of 60 people taken care by the trust of which
there were 30 Boys, 20 Girls and 10 elderly people. We sponsored the day's
lunch for them and it was a special meal with sweets, and other savories.

We went there by about 1 in the afternoon. We thought we could serve, but as it
turned out they had a completely different system of service, a highly
disciplined and military style; the children were made to sit in 4 rows with
plates in their hand. And the food was kept at one end with 2 elderly people
serving it. The kids took their turns, in a very orderly fashion, to get the
food. They were served by the elders. After filling their plates they sat in
their place. Once they settled with the food, they gave a 2 minutes' prayer,
all reciting aloud. It was so good to witness 60 people saying out the prayer
aloud. Sent out so much positive vibes. :)

After that they sat there, happily eating. We could see that joy in their eyes
and that was joy to us. Food filling their stomach and our hearts..

This was the perfect way to pay tribute to a genius like Sridhar sir, spreading
joy in his name..
He continues to live in all our Memories.. May his soul RIP.

Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh R