Congratulations A.R. Rahman <http://www.desihits.com/artists/view/ar+rahman>!
The Oscar-winning musician, who shot to international fame with the
soundtrack to the box office hit "Slumdog Millionaire," has been
nominated in two categories at the 2010 Grammy Awards!

The song ''Jai Ho'' is nominated in the category of ''Best Song written for
Motion Picture, Television or Other visual media, '' while the soundtrack to
''Slumdog Millionaire'' is nominated in the category of ''Best Compilation
Soundtrack Album for Motion Picture, Television or Other visual Media.''

A.R. Rahman has already won two Academy awards and one Golden Globe for
"Slumdog Millionaire," but it is the first time that the famous musician is
up for a Grammy.

So who is he up against? Well, "Jai Ho" will compete with Bruce
Springsteen's title track for ''The Wrestler," ''Once in a Lifetime'' from
''Cadillac Records,'' ''Decode'' from ''Twilight,'' and ''The Client'' from
''Hannah Montana: The Movie.''

And the soundtrack to "Slumdog Millionaire" is up against the soundtracks to
Quentin Tarantino's ''Inglourious Basterds,'' Beyonce’s ''Cadillac
Records,'' HBO's ''True Blood'' and the popular vampire series ''Twilight.''

We’re keeping our fingers crossed for you A.R. Rahman! The Grammy Awards
ceremony will be broadcast from Los Angeles on January 31. Do you think A.R.
Rahman will take home the trophies? Share your thoughts.
http://www.desihits.com/news/view/ar-rahman-nominated-for-two-grammys-20091203

--
regards,
Vithur