K. Balachander(KB),  a lengendary and veteran south indian film maker, who
introduced ARR to the world of Tamil music through "Roja", roped in him again
with ultra high expectations for his highly ambitious 100th movie "Parthaale
Paravasam". Every department in the crew seemed to be perfect. R.Madhavan,
Simran, Sneha, choreographer-turned-actor Raghavendra Lawrence,  lyricist/actor
Vaali, comedian Vivek,,...all stars glittered the casting department.
Unfortunately for KB, the movie turned out to be a damp squib at the box
office. But nevertheless, thankfully though, the movie is remembered even today
ONLY because of
 its music by the whizkid.

  Ada Moondrezhuthhu  ---->
 Harini,
 Karthik

                 A supposedly peppy song neither impressed nor disappointed me
personally. It has got its share of likability and disappointments. While the
audio part is very neat and clearly done, the visuals are sorely
disappointing!.Both the actors(Maddy and Simran) look very pale and dull in
this song. However, its only the trio "ARR - Harini - Karthik", put in hard
efforts to thump up the beats and they succeed too. The lyrics by Vaali are
another plus point. His lyrics revolves around the word "Love" and say it in
different ways to convey the word. He creates the female as a Guru and her
beloved as her Shishya (Disciple). A kind of time pass song for the average
listeners.

Kaadhale Jayam ---->
 Balram, Chitra

           Yet another melody churned out by the king. Again, i feel the
visuals could have been better. A fresh sounding Balram makes a decent start
and even excels alongside the veteran Chitra.The melody quotient of this song
is very high with small tinges of classical harqats by the melody queen Chitra.
She is one of those blessed singers, who, by the very presence, would give a
new dimension to any song. Listen to her "Naan...Vendiya Varangalai Varavil
Paarkiraen...Unn Varavil Paarkiraen..." lines and you can't stop loving her.
ARR makes use of many traditional instruments and create a perfect rhythm.

Parthale Paravasame  --> Raihanna, Ganga, Febi Mani, Kanchana, Poornima

      ARR's long-time troop
 singers including his own sibling croon
 this chorus situational track where the lead actor Madhavan is being chased by
a host of girls and falling for his charm ! Vaali's lyrics are convincingly
witty and naughty and the singers keep the spirit going on till the end.
Rahman's genius can be profoundly observed in the interludes with some
unexpected violin strings . Wonder who mouthed the word "Thappichhukko..."
towards the end of each charanam(Stanza); his name is left uncredited.

Manmadha Maasam --> Nithyasree Mahadevan, Shankar Mahadevan

       What could have been ARR's one of the best classical - light music
blend, turned out to be an average song on the screen. Another example of the
song getting wasted ! Wonder, what went wrong with KB , who used to be as
sensitive as mercury, in picturising his songs! Nevertheless, since we stress
here more on the audio part, this gregariously beautiful number captures an
 avid
 music lover in its major parts. Both the Mahadevans', with their proven
classical expertise, make a resounding mark with their superb modulations and
harqats. The composition of the song give ample scope for vocal performances
and both the singers do complete justice.

Love Check ---> Palghat Sreeram, Shivamani

  Stepping aside for a while, ARR brought his buddy, ace percussionist
Shivamani on the forefront for this lovely western classical fusion number.
Shivamani, grabbing the golden opportunity, never lets a single moment go
un-noticed in his sheer brilliant work. Mouthing the tongue twisting
"Kunnakkol" is another eminent classical guru Palghat Sreeram. The combination
of both the gifted artistes is nothing short of a royal treat. Each of them
compete in their known trades to a very great heights and equally win towards
the end. The drumming
 thespian scores Gold towards the end of the number with his jet speed hands on
the drums. A masterpiece programming and composition by ARR.!

Adhisaya Tirumanam ---> Sujatha, Kalyani Menon, Sriram Parthasarathy, Sreeram

   A wedding group song which talks about the aftermaths of the marriages for
both the bride and groom. Interestingly, the singers sing in chorus throughout
the song. While the two female singers add more sweetness and flavour, the male
counterparts provide the warmth. But the charanams(stanzas) didn't appeal to me
as much the pallavis did. And needless to say that this song suffered its death
in the film, since it was used only as the background accessory. I really fail
to understand why ARR has made Kalyani Menon share all her songs with other
female singers . All her songs with ARR like "Vaadi Saathukodi", "Indirayo Ival
 Sundariyo", "Alaipayuthey Kanna" and " Kuluvaalile Muthu Vannallo.." have many
other singers synchronizing with her.

Naadhir Thinna ---> Rashid Ali, Thubhara

        Personally, i feel Rahman was not in his best mood while composing this
song. Though the song has some finer elements, the typical signature of ARR is
to be searched very hard throughout the song. Rashid Ali, till then a
guitarist, tries his debut at the singing and is quite satisfactory. But
Thubhara, a name never heard before or later , fails to impress me even after
multiple hearings. The lyrics of the song is quite whacky with some bizarre
words. Somehow, i never got connected with this number. There may be many
people who went crazy over this..but for me, sadly,..it just became another
song!

Azhagae Sugama  /  Anbae Sugama ---> Srinivas, Sadhana Sargam

  Some songs never tend to erase from the minds of an avid music lover! There
may be many songs that touch the heart...but very few of them pierces the heart
and gets inside. For me, personally, "Azhagae Sugama" is one such composition.!
I really can't put into mere text, to describe the effects that this song
produces on me. An amazing set of instrumentation, brilliant tune composition
coupled with a soul seductive rendition by the singers make this song among my
top 3 most soothing songs ever produced by ARR. I love the way ARR has
segmented the song into two halves. The most striking point for this song to
appease me is its sheer simplicity! Few violin pieces, a rhythmic pattern with
less bass and more treble, and the soothing voices of Srinivas and Sadhana are
nothing short of a feast to the ears.! Anticipating many many songs of such
league by ARR..!

So..to sum up, although the album comes with a mixed bag as one of  ARR's
career best compositions to not so impressive songs, Parthaale Paravasam stands
tall in the Music department. Wish all the other departments worked fine for
this movie and it had become one of the biggest grosser....!!