*All's well that doesn't end well*

*Delhi-6 to rerelease a year later with a new tragic ending. The new version
will have Abhishek Bachchan's character dying*

   A year after the release of the ill-received Delhi-6, director Rakeysh
Omprakash Mehra is set to release the film with a new tragic ending.

The film was originally planned with Abhishek Bachchan’s character’s death
at the end. Mehra, apparently with considerable pressure from his producer,
UTV, decided to alter the ending to a happy one. Incidentally, Abhishek had
strongly advised his director-friend against the ending.

      Delhi 6
A member of the cast says, “Abhishek and Rakeysh had many arguments on the
subject. The producers felt that audiences will react adversely to
Abhishek’s character dying. Although Rakeysh was unhappy with it, he shot
the alternate ending.”

Now a year later, the character Roshan will die in a new version of the film
to be released very shortly. Confirming these developments, Rakeysh says, “I
made a mistake. I should have gone with my original script with the tragic
ending. Going by the reactions I got after I showed the newly edited film at
the Venice Film Festival in September, I am sure this is the right version
of Delhi-6.”

The new version will coincide with Rakeysh embarking on his next directorial
project, apparently the historical Mirza Sahibaan, which the director is now
in the process of casting.

   Rakeysh Mehra
Rakeysh is also set to begin a professional story bank within his production
house. The director says, “While there is an acute shortage of writers in
our cinema, new writers seem to have no access to the mainstream banners. We
want to give these writers a chance to bring their talents to our company.”

Rakeysh will also be introducing new directorial talent. “I am surprised at
the number of new talented writer-directors who are coming to us with
wonderful innovative ideas. I want to make these talented filmmakers a part
of my team. I can’t make all the films that I want to. These directors can
make some of them

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/20091230200912300239389872c1b1b7/Alls-well-that-doesnt-end-well.html

Regards

MANAF