Sorry for the horrible subject line........It translates( In Telugu) to
Whats stopping you from listening. Vinadaniki means "to listen" karuvu is
"famine/Shortage".....

I'm an Self proclaimed Rahmaniac and i'm blinded sometime from the truth.
There is a saying in telugu " Kaki Pilla kaki ki muddu"....translating to
the mother crow likes its sibling like its the most beautiful thing. That
said, I guess its different as Rahman has earned my respect and fervor by
giving one treatise in music followed by other.

 The point like so many of you have already mentioned is the auditory
inertia and immediate auditory gratification.

Million lines to defend the perceivable change in his music are all
fine............but why defend. Music is a personal thing..........very
personal. When someone says he/she likes a song we generally do not disagree
with him as disagreeing to it might offend him/her personally, not like cars
or movies. It goes much deeper.People like/dislike music and its directly
related to the way you've been bought up and your general ethos, your
friends, their ethos.

Reviews are for few reasons:
1.For the general Buzz for the album.
2.For the pleasure of the reviewer.
3.For others to discuss it.

So if you agree or disgree with a particular review, its because you are two
different people. If you both agree that the songs are bad then you are
different from the composer. The diatribe is uncalled for and personally a
waste of time, compared to the fact that the time can be spent to give the
music a second chance to grow( Assuming rahmans music grows).

If australians reacted with a quick review then shane warne would be having
figures of 1/150 or something all his life.Time is at a premium agreed, but
is that how you solved your quant question papers? in CAT.....you read the
question twice if you didnt understand or you marked the wrong answer.Some
things in life ask for patience-the Idea is in being able to guess which
ones need time and which dont.Here again you could argue the people
differ..........but heck as i've already told you that i'm a hardcore
rahmaniac. I'm going to argue that for the genius to emerge, you need to
engage with him in the song and persist. If you dont have time.........you
would not have read this mail till here :).

VTVAT the F!......this is a great Album! period. Going into the songs is not
the agenda here.There are better people here to do that..(Ichord :)...loved
your review.)

God Bless!
Aditya.