I am not sure why that is not posible, I happened to post a similar question to
Chinmayi on her blog and this is what she had to say. I am pasting it as it was
in her blog and i hope i can do that !

My question:

Chinmayee,

Watched the VTV audio launch and at times - i felt that the unplugged version
sounds as stunning as the album version itself.

i was trying to play both side by side to see how different they were. I think
unplugged version sounds more like "the mood" of the lyrics. The tune feels
pure there !

Do you think you can do an actual recording of the unplugged version and
release it. I'd for sure pay for it ! and i know millions of maniacs like me
would do the same.

Just the Piano, guitar and the vocals !

Praying for this to happen !

Chinmayi;s response !

"Sreekrishnan: True we had a great time putting it together. I am not sure if
that would release though I believe Rahman sir said something like that should
happen. But not sure if it would come to existence. "

If we here express interest, i am sure they can officially release !! Not a Bad
idea anyways !

Lets hope it happens !

Sreekrishnan