This is from someone else on another website:

"On behalf of the millions of fellow ARR fans around the globe, I would like to
set some things straight here. Firstly, I sincerely appreciate the annoyance
that has been poured in the form of words in this forum regarding the musical
output of VTV, which I must say is quite acceptable considering the fact that
ARR fans or to say musical junkies like us weren't exposed to the brilliance of
innovative song structuring or abstract forms of musical forms in Tamil music
circuit. What ARR has done here is an absolute never-before heard style of
structuring that is very new to the listeners, so it takes time to sink in to
the brilliance of his work. Moreover the 2 year gap, added to the combo of
Gautam-ARR has created a huge huge expectation on the lines of VA or KK. I
think that is outlandishly silly. ARR is one who is always on the lookout for
innovation and strives to give something new to the otherwise ordinary-run of
the mill-listener who gets content with the thumping beats and silly lyrics.
When I first heard VTV I was hugely disappointed, a feeling that has never
occurred to me after listening to an ARR album. But after repeated hearing, I
understood and began to trace out the intricate layering and the shear
brilliance of innovative structuring of the genius. This is one of the best
tamil film soundtracks ever. I cannot force or preach about the music, it all
depends on the individual to embrace it or sink in to the usual. Cheers."