Let me clarify that i'm not trying to compare AR & MJ or their music - I would never do that. What I meant in my earlier note is to point out that they don't have the same celebrity status. 'Jai Ho' the song has an universal appeal but I don't know if it's the same for Rahman, the brand.

From a non-Indian public point of view, they all love the song but i wonder how many might recognise Rahman yet. I have had few experiences where people have said they love Chaiyya Chaiyya, but they didn't know it was composed by Rahman.

It's gonna take a few more collaborations and few more Jai Ho's before Rahman looses the liberty to take those early morning walks in LA which he can afford now :)

__________________
Cheers,
Srini

Begin forwarded message:

From: Srini Santhanam <saint.si...@gmail.com>
Date: 5 February 2010 3:14:13 PM GMT+08:00
To: "arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com" <arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] LIVE CHAT WITH ARR

Personally I think AR is not yet there in terms of 'Universal appeal'. He is probably 2-3 more Jai Ho's away from
reaching there.

Cheers,
Srini

On 05-Feb-2010, at 1:23 PM, kishore parayath <kishore.paray...@gmail.com > wrote:

My qouting did not compare ARR's music with MJ's music..both are unique. But, I was talking about their celebrity status. ARR certainly is on his verge of reaching it.