Hi all,
As always Original is king.
One of the most melodious tracks by Rahman comes from his work in 1998 for the
movie 1947- Earth. Infact all tracks in this film are quite radical, just like
the next one he did for Water. The track Dheemi Dheemi has Hariharan singing
solo with very little accompaniments. Somehow the track has this awesome
effect, which i think only rahman knows to pull it off. He knows what not to
put in a composition to get the desired result.Else he won't attempt tracks
like these, or rasaati etc.
Anyways, i used my toys to make a real minimal mix.Some mixing stunts, no
gimmicks, just a simple minimal feel I hope you guys like it! and as always
leave your comments.
http://www.wiredbeats.com/2010/02/20/1947-earth-dheemi-dheemi-the-minimal-mix/
regards

wb