I don't claim to have any knowledge about their closeness. I cannot comment
on things I don't know. Rekha Bharadwaj is a renowned artist on her right.
Using her doesn't necessarily mean that ARR is close to Vishal. That
wouldn't be doing justice to her talent.

Warm Regards
Vinayak

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rightplacerighttime/