http://www.shekharkapur.com/blog/archives/2006/04/buddha.htm#more

Shekhar Kapoor was long time friend of Heath Ledger the actor who is no
more. Below is what he said abt the probable movie Buddha.
Heath Ledger was rocking as the Joker in the Dark knight.

Dear Shekhar

I hope that Buddha comes to be at last. I was thrilled to read (elsewhere,
the other day) that Rahman had been involved with the music. The story of
Buddha, your direction, the visuals, which if they are like the still you
posted in your Budhha section, must be spectacular, and Rahman's music. What
can I say, other than I hope this comes to be.

love, Heath

--
best regrards
Logesh A