You know, there have been many, many truly outstanding AR songs of late that I
can name - Hosana, Dil Gira Dafatan, Rehnuma, Arziyan, Omanna Penne, Genda
Phool, Sajna, Muskura, etc. etc.

But, very few songs reach the ultimate pinnacle of utmost perfection, an impact
so grand that the song just sweeps you off the floor, knocks you out, makes you
bow to it.  Now, of course, this is subject to opinion and interpretation, but
some robust consensus has emerged in the past for AR songs in this special
category I mentioned, such as Dil Se Re, Bombay Theme, Vande Mataram, Pacchai
Nirame....the cream de la creme, the iciing on the cake, the greatest of the
great.

Two recent songs of AR that have claimed privilege to enter into that special
top of the top category are Rehna Tu from Delhi 6 and Aaromale from VTV in my
opinion.  I know some may not agree with this opinion and that's fine.  These
songs demand attention, demand respect, demand devotion.  It's the attitude of
the song, the depth, the spaces between the notes, the sound, the feel, the
vibe, the epic quality. When D6 and VTV came out, respectively, these 2 songs
were raved about most in this group and rightly so.

Aaromale and Rehna Tu, like Vande Mataram, Pacchai Nirame, Dil Se Re, Yeh Jo
Desh Hai Tera, Bombay Theme, Khwaja Mere Khwaja, Piya Ho, and others, define
greatness.